What to do after 12th? What are the career options after 12th science/commerce/arts? What are the top courses after the 12th? Which career should I pursue after 12th? All these questions might be striking to you during your 10th. Most of the students have to go through this challenging phase. You are not the only one.
Each stream has a diversified specification. 12th after courses are made available for each of you, which will help you to groove yourself and make your career in a particular course. Some of you are in a dilemma about selecting the best course. If you also find yourself in this category, visit Gen-Z Careers counselling. Career counselling at Gen-Z Careers will help you select the best-prefered career, which brings interest and helps you know your potential. You will also get a clear picture of the 12th after courses as per your interest.
How do you decide the best appropriate course after the 12th?
Before diving into the courses, let us know how you decide your career based on interest, peer pressure, family, etc. You do not have to make such hasty decisions regarding career selection. Proper guidance is needed at each step, so visit Gen-Z Careers to determine your critical areas and potential and then select a wise career. You can go for an aptitude assessment that analyses your critical areas.
1. Continue with the existing stream and go for higher studies
If you are interested in a particular stream or background and have performed quite well, then it might be the right career stream. You can discover different courses related to that stream and start working on them accordingly.
2. Switch to a new stream/background and go for higher education
It is possible that our personal preferences will not translate into good professional choices in many cases. It’s possible that you won’t want to continue in the stream that you chose in Class 11-12th school. You can move to a different stream after the 12th based on your aptitude and personal interest and have a booming professional career. However, while applying for a course, be cautious because many universities prefer students with a solid foundation in a specific area.
Many of you are willing to know the top courses that will benefit you. So here we have mentioned the top 90 courses which we will consider after the 12th.
Top courses after 12th
Career options after 12th Science with PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
Here, we will highlight the career options for students pursuing science with PCM combination in 11 and 12th standards.
Interesting and Futuristic Engineering Discipline
This 12th after courses are popular and high in demand and will make your future iconic.
- Information Science and Engineering
- Data Science and Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Mechatronics and Engineering
- Bioengineering (you can do it even if you have studied PCM only)
- Biochemical Engineering/Biotechnology (you can do it even if you have studied PCM only)
- Biomedical Engineering (you can do it even if you have studied PCM only)
Engineering discipline that will keep you job-ready at all times
Mentioned below, engineering specialisation will constantly make you ready job-ready
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Engineering
Core Engineering disciplines that are agile
This after 12th courses will help you to switch into many fields.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
Other exciting options
These transitional and conventional career options after the 12th will ensure high salary profiles.
- Fashion Technology
- Data Science/Data Analytics
- Commercial Pilot Licence
- Industrial Design/Vehicle Design/Product Design
- Nautical Science
- Merchant Navy Training
Career options after 12th Science PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology)
This section will discuss the various job opportunities available to students who studied Science with PCB on the 11th and 12th, respectively.
Options in Medical Science
- MBBS (Medicine & Surgery)
- BAMS (Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery)
- BHMS (Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery)
- BNYS (Naturopathy & Yogic Science)
- BDS (Dental Science)
Options in Allied Medical Science
- B.Sc. Nursing
- B.Sc. Radiology / Medical Imaging Technology
- B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology
- B.Sc. Perfusion Technology
- B.Sc. Respiratory Therapy Technology
- B.Sc. Renal Dialysis Technology
- B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- B.Sc. Operation Theatre and Anaesthesia Technologies
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- B.Sc. Emergency & Critical Care Technology
- Bachelor of Audiology Speech-Language Therapy
- Bachelor of Optometry
Options in Pharmaceutical Science
- B.Pharma (4 years)
- Pharm.D. (2 years)
Options in Fundamental Biological Science
- Biological Science/Biology/Bioscience
- Food Science/Food Science and Technology
Career Options in Commerce after 12th
Commerce streams have diversified career options. You can go to management, legal, or professional career options through this stream. So let’s look at commerce career options that you can pursue.
For someone who loves accounts, management, mathematics, etc
- CA (Chartered Accountant)
- CS (Company Secretary)
- CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)
- CMA (Cost & Management Accountancy)
- B.Com (with Information Technology, marketing, finance, computer applications, etc.)
- B.Com with Accounting & Finance
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- BMS (Bachelor of Management Studies)
- BBM (Bachelor of Business Management)
- Bachelors of Economics
For someone interested in the legal side
- B.A. LL.B. / B.Sc. LL.B./ B.Com. LL.B./ B.B.A. LL.B. (5-years course)
- For someone creative and artistic
- Fashion/ Apparel / Costume / Knitwear Design
- Textile Design / Surface Design
- Graphic Design/ Web Design/ UI-UX Design
- Digital Design
- Film and Video Design / VFX Design
- Game Design
- Fine Arts/ Visual Arts/ Sculpture
- Material Design/ Ceramic Design/ Craft Design
- Interior / Furniture Design
- Fashion Merchandising
- Lifestyle Accessories Design/ Leather Design/ Jewellery Design
- Animation Design
- Visual Communication Design
- And many others
For someone good at verbal communication
- BA in Journalism/ Mass Communication
- BA in English
Good options for those who love computers
- B.Sc.IT (Some university colleges need Mathematics in 12th)
For someone looking for courses that can prepare them for employment immediately following a degree
- Hotel Management
- Travel and Tourism Management
- Aviation Management
- Culinary Arts/Bakery and Confectionery
- Tea Tasting
Career options after 12th Arts/Humanities
Now, let’s look at the professional alternatives available to someone who studied Humanities/Arts in the 11th and 12th grades. You could switch to these courses even if you graduated from high school in the Science or Commerce streams. Here’s what we’ve got:
- For those who love to be in the academic field, here are a few courses after 12th Arts.
- B.A. in Liberal Arts
- B.A. Economics
- B.A. Psychology
- B.A. Sociology
- B.A. in Political Science
- B.A. Geography
- B.A. History
Steps to choosing a perfect course
STEP 1- Know your honest strengths and weaknesses through Career Counselling
STEP 2- Narrow down your career by selecting your field
STEP 3- Listing down your preferable career options in that field
STEP 4- Finding out the information about different courses in that field
STEP 5- Selecting the best career option
By going through the courses mentioned above, you will have a clear idea of how selecting a suitable career option can be challenging. So make sure to choose the best appropriate course that will lead you in building your prosperous life.
Visit Gen-Z Careers to get the best career advice from expert professionals. We at Gen-Z Careers help you get different test assessments that will guide you to take your life’s most crucial career decision. By giving the Interest Aptitude Test, you will know your strengths and weaknesses. Our career Counsellor guide and acknowledge you in selecting the precise career option.